IOHA Membership Details
The International Oral History Association (IOHA) was formally constituted in June 1996 at the Eleventh International Oral History Conference in Goteborg, Sweden. The Association provides a forum for oral historians around the world, in order to foster international communication and cooperation and a better understanding of the nature and value of oral history. The Association meets every two years in a different region or continent. Benefits of membership include:
- Concessionary rates for the biennial international oral history conferences
- Access to Words and Silences, the annual, bilingual (English and Spanish) Journal of the IOHA (containing oral history articles, an index of oral history journals from around the world, special items and commentaries on oral history issues)
- Access to the IOHA home page on the world wide web
- Access to IOHA News, the on-line newsletter of the Association
- Voting rights at the Association's General Meetings and Council elections
- Active participation in the international community of oral historians.
Membership is open to any individual or institution supporting the aims and objectives of the Association. The Association is governed by a Council elected at the General Meeting of the biennial international oral history conference. The President of the Association is Pilar Dominguez, from Spain, and current Council members come from Argentina, Canada, China, Mexico, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Fees for two-year membership (July 2012 - June 2014)
Individuals: 60 Euros
Institutions: 130 Euros
Students: 30 Euros
To become a member you may fill out the Online form.
If you prefer to transfer your membership payment directly to IOHA's bank account, please contact the Association's treasurer:
Almut Leh , IOHATreasurer,
c/o Institut für Geschichte und Biographie,
D-58097 Hagen, Germany.
Members’ profile changes